Sunday, February 28, 2010

- Dear John

After seven weeks being the most watched movie, Avatar was finally replaced by Lasse Hallström's Dear John. On it's premiere, Dear John surprised everyone and obtained more than 32,4 million of dollars (only on it's premiere) ! The movie is based on Nicholas Sparks' novel, which has the same title, and tells the story of an American soldier who falls in love with a girl and their love is put in test when the army recruits him and force them to be apart. During the time they are away from each other, they keep sending letters one to the other. These so called Dear John letters were invented during the World War II and were actually "goodbye letters" It was basically sent from wives to husbands or boyfriends telling them their relationship was over because they decided to start a new relationship with another man rather than wait for the other one to come back. According to Wikipedia, the letters started with Dear John because John was a very common name. Anyway, I never saw the movie because it is only available at the U.S, however I've already seen the trailer and I fell in love for it. On the other hand, my friend Ana, while she was somewhere in the U.S, watched it and she said it is a great movie, but its ending completely messes up with the whole story. I still want to see it, even though I know I'll be disappointed at the end. As it is a Nicholas Sparks' novel, its already obvious that the story is heart-breaking and completely "cryable" hahahaha. I almost cried when watching the trailer and it has never happened to me so I believe is quite worth watching ! Finally, for those interested, check the video below =)