Wednesday, September 16, 2009

- VMA Incident


As most of you should already know, the MTV's famous celebration, VMA (Video and Music Arts) awards, happened last week. With presences such as Lady Gaga, Pink, Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Janet Jackson and much more, the even was, indeed, a success. Mostly. After some nominations, Taylor Swift, won over some other popstars, such as Beyonce, the award of Best Female Video of Year. In the middle of Taylor's acceptance speech, Kanye West takes out her microfone and says: "Hey Taylor, I'm really happy for you and I'll let you finish [speech] but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!" and leaves the stage. Cute Beyonce, on the other hand, looks just as ashamed as Taylor and makes no sign of understanding or even appreciating what is going on. In response of what happened Taylor just states that "I was really excited because it was my first award and really excited because Kanye West was on the stage... And then, I wasn't so excited anymore.
Taylor, are there any heart feelings?
I don't know him and I never met him..."

Some sources affirm Kanye was drunk before the nominations, what could have lead this incident. Finally, I think Kanye West could have kept it to himself, even though he might think this was a sign of admiration of the diva Beyonce. Also, he was no longer respectful and was absolutely arrogant, leading the Taylor's award night to almost a nightmare.

Picture taken off of bodogBEAT.

No comments: