Saturday, November 7, 2009

- A True Competition


Today's post was supposed to be about Brazilian's entertainment, football, and mostly about Sorín's (Cruzeiro's player) last game. However, I will leave it for the next post because today there is something making me go crazy. As most of you should know, the Brazilian Championship is already ending and the champion isn't defined yet... Not only the champion but also those who are going to the Libertadores 2010. The table starts with the leader São Paulo, with 59 points and right after is Palmeiras with only one point of difference. Then it is Atlético MG (56), Flamengo(54), Internacional (52) and my favorite, Cruzeiro(51). Even though being the leader is the most important at this phase of the competition, being part of the G4 (the top 4) is extremely essential. Cruzeiro really needs to win today’s game against Sport to be classified. The same for Inter, which will play tomorrow against Barueri.

As a Cruzeirense, I am absolutely nervous about today’s game. Even though my team has the greatest percentage in winning outside home, it will be a tough game. Sport will be fighting to leave the Z4 (bottom 4) and Cruzeiro needs to keep in mind the G4. In addition, Cruzeiro also has three great players injured, making us, Cruzeiro’s fans, go insane about it. On the other hand, we finally have Kleber, our Gladiator, back from a surgery… Again, this game is making me crazy ! I really hope, with all my heart, that my team wins today. With today's victory and tomorrow's Flamengo's loss, Cruzeiro will finally be part of the G4. “Vamos vamos Cruzeiro, Cruzeiro guerreiro, Cruzeiro meu amor…”

No comments: